T: (230) 467 3001
- Sattar heads the practice development of Grant Thornton Mauritius as its CEO and has been the Transaction Services Partner since its launch in 1999. He specialises in transaction services and advising clients in various sectors namely, banking, financial services, global business and others.
- Sattar has over 35 years’ experience in accounting, audit and consultancy assignments. He is also the lead partner on litigation support and has acted as expert witness for clients ranging from traders to large groups including banks.
- Sattar has also gathered over the years a very rich experience in the field of insolvency and liquidation
Qualifications and Memberships
- Member of Mauritius Institute of Professional Accountants.
- Holds a valid Practising Certificate from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
- Holds a valid Auditor’s Licence from the Financial Reporting Council.
- Insolvency Practitioner Licence
- Holds an ICAEW Insolvency Licence
- Sattar heads the Insolvency department of Grant Thornton Mauritius and has been involved in most of the large Insolvencies in Mauritius over the last 25 years including asset recovery in Africa and India.
- He is the advisor to a Top 10 conglomerate with activities comprising representation of Microsoft in Mauritius, the largest computer hardware and software wholesalers and retailers in Mauritius, wholesalers of pharmaceutical products as well as sole agents of BMW, Renault, Aston Martin, Rolls Royce, Bentley and Ferrari.
- He has also advised the Government of Ghana in determining the framework for the creation of the Ghana International Financial Services Centre.
- He has acted as director on various boards of companies in the Global Business sector including property funds, property management companies, and property holding companies investing in India, Dubai and various European countries.
- Sattar acts as advisor to conglomerates willing to expand in African and Indian sub continents.
- He has been a non Executive Director and Chairman of Audit Committee of a UK FTSE 100 company at the time of its listing on the UK stock exchange up to its withdrawal from the listing 4 Years later